Hardscaping Provides Variety and Organization
Hardscaping can include almost any type of decorative or practical structure in a landscape, from driveways to fences to benches. Hardscape is a critical part of landscape design, providing definition and a sense of organization to the natural areas and features.
Hardscaping elements can also define the use of a space, such as with a driveway. In addition, it can lead visitors through different zones of softscaping, such as gravel paths that wind through a grassy area and into a secluded garden. In fact, there are so many ways to use hardscape elements to enhance your property:
- Stone retaining walls create planting areas or convert a slope to flat yard space.
- Concrete patios are the classic low-maintenance and versatile patio option.
- Brick patios offer a more high quality and natural look than concrete.
- Tile patios are a great way to dress up a concrete patio slab.
- Stone walkways are ideal for garden paths.
- Gravel paths have a “softer” alternative to brick, concrete, or solid stone.
- Stone landscape steps have heavy stone slabs that make beautiful outdoor steps.
- Metal fences can help define the bounds of a space.
- Wooden fences use the most versatile fence material—wood.
- Wooden decks are hardscaping, too, just like patios.
- Wooden arbors or gazebos enhance a landscape while providing shade.
The Planning Process
These are just some hardscaping elements you can use when planning your yard space. Heartwoods Landscaping can help you dream and design your perfect outdoor space today. Our team at Heartwoods understands the planning process and provides every client with a practical time line. Give us a call for more information about the services we provide! We would love to turn your lawn into an oasis.
Your yard is our business.
Providing the highest quality landscape design and implementation for over 20 years. (309) 360-4224